Log in

No account? Create an account
how it happened - It's my life and anything else in between.
Soo Jin

Date: 2009-08-20 00:49
Subject: how it happened
Security: Public
Located @home
I am feelingwhimsicalwhimsical
So.. on tuesday, it was absolutely pouring at about 5.30 onwards and my car wasn't at its usual double parked spot. Instead, I parked it some distance away at a more proper parking spot. So armed with an umbrella and my other hand clutching my breast pocket which contained my W910i phone, I made my way across what was normally a road but has since turned into a swift moving stream with about 2cm standing water.
As I approached my car, i noticed that around the car, the water was particularly deep, so I did a sort of hop and a skip to minimise my time standing in the water and thereafter I scrambled into the car. Now in the car, I was looking for my phone. I couldn't find it. Those of you who know me would know that I have an extremely spotty memory.. and I thought that MAYBE I had left the phone in the office in my haste to leave. So I drove back to the office by which time, damn rain has actually stopped.

Searched frantically in the office to no avail all the while calling it with my other phone. It was still ringing. But I couldn't hear it anywhere. I was feeling the dread of losing my phone..

"Someone must have gone off with it."

I retraced my steps back to the car and I still didn't see anything. Phone was still ringing but I couldn't hear anything. I went back to the office and searched again.


Retraced back to the parking space and as I stood on the sidewalk in despair.. Somehow, I manage to glimpse something in the water. Unbelievably, in the previously mentioned standing water of some 2cm, my phone was still functioning albeit the screen didn't work and neither did the speakers. BUT lights were still functioning and it was still active. This after some 5-10 minutes of lying there in standing water. wow.. I turned it off and removed the battery.

Here's a representation of me crossing the river/stream/road.

So I took it in to the service center today. Guess what.. the phone can start AND the display works. AND so does the speakers.. woohoo =)
Now all they need to do it so dry it somewhat and service it a little and it'll be as good as new.

Lucky.. =)
well.. lucky = optimistic
unlucky = pessimistic

I pick lucky. =D
Now.. should I go buy a new phone?
the W705i looks nice.. hehe
Say something! | *** Link *

my journal
May 2017