Log in

No account? Create an account
I was gonna post earlier.. even had one half typed up and saved on… - It's my life and anything else in between.
Soo Jin

Date: 2004-12-18 02:29
Subject: (no subject)
Security: Public
I am feelingtiredtired
I was gonna post earlier.. even had one half typed up and saved on the laptop.. but i didn't end up finishing that one..
here's the crap that i do all the time.. =)
blow by blow account!

I left for China at a @#$@#%^ hour of 8+ which meant i had to get up at 5 .. or something like that. Get up, shower, travel to the airport.. wait for the fricking plane.. take the plane to bangkok.. wait for 2 @#$#@% hours for the connecting flight... @#$@#%@#%

I will over the course of this entry @#@%^ a lot.. due to the extreme amount of @#$@#% travelling + waiting that I had to do for the past 9 days..
on that day alone.. my total travel time amounted to 14 hours.. including travel to/from airports.. waiting at airports.. etc.. omigod..
any then..
bah =)
had a dinner at Zhongshan with our valve suppliers.
Next morning.. woke up at 5.30.. shower.. breakfast then went back to the supplier's factory and talked.. and then rushed off to the airport.. we got there like 50 mins before the gates closed for this flight that we were gona take.. w00t.. went to Fuzhou.. saw flight insurance at the airport.. in a country like China.. most people don't have insurance.. so for.. 50cents USD, you'll be covered for your flight.. =)
got to Fuzhou.. 2 hour car ride into town.. bumpy as hell.. emm.. had some stupidity at the local Bank of China branch there.. took half an hour to get some travellers cheque cashed.. then went and checked in and went to the office.
Discussions.. mainly about parts and money.. then it was dinner time! interesting.. rather yummy food.. then went to 'wash leg' *literal translation* involves some hot water.. your feet... and some massage/reflexology..

Next day... Xiamen.. took the bus there.. meh.. 2+ hours.. then had taiwanese food for lunch.. went to the factory.. had a look over.. had some tea with the old man.. so dubbed Uncle Lim.. *malaysian joke* then dinner with 'little' Hsu.. had too much Japanese food.. ugh.. and since i didn't have my rice staple.. i ordered an innocent looking set meal.. it was HUGE!.. had to force it down.. could barely walk then.. before dinner, we had our legs washed .. =) it's a past-time in China i reckon.. ooo and then we went to karaoke.. it was.. a shock for me.. very different from the malaysian type.. here there were girls of all type.. and you were expected to pick one to accompany you.. I kept my hands well to myself and didn't drink a single drop.. it was .. kinda interesting watching the rest of the people.. I played those drinking games as well but I drank water and they drank an alcohol mixed drink.. lol.. but i was winning most of it anyway so they kept drinking..

Saturday morning, nearly missed the flight to GuangZhou.. dad had remembered the wrong time for the flight.. =) luckily for us, our flight was delayed and we made it.. flew in and then half an hour? or an hour to the factory in Huadu.. the joint venture that my dad has with LEK Consolidated Bhd. In the afternoon, I went shopping.. cos my dad didn't want me there.. =) so I went off with the other guy's son who's actually minding the factory and a new technician there and they shopped.. I looked.. and we had a very expensive pizza hut lunch.. very very expensive.. considering the living standards there..
emm.. went back and had dinner at this new restaurant nearby which was then followed by.. you guessed it.. leg wash!! =) this was the longest session ever.. 2 hours and the girl was.. kinda chatty.. I was bored so talked a bit.. but me having issues with mandarin made the conversation flow a bit awkward... anyway.. it was .. a little more fun than the previous ones..
and then.. went back to the factory.. came out again for supper with Ka Hing (other son) and Mr Su and the techie..
food was cheap and decent.
lunch was with Mr. Cheung.. at the same restaurant.. by now.. the restaurant knew us pretty well. He drives a new S class.. very swank.. =) and comfy.. did i mention comfy? he was the one who brought us the night before.. to the leg wash place.. he knows that place pretty well.. =) knows the attendants number..

Next day.. was again told to wander off.. so I ended up with Uncle Kim Leng dvd shopping.. at 4.5 RMB each.. he bought nearly RMB 1000's worth.. insane..
came back.. walked around the factory (guided tour by Ka Hing) then asked questions.. etc..
Left for Hongkong in the evening.. took.. a bus, to shenzhen.. then walked across the border, then took a train into Hongkong proper.. then took another bus to the airport to pick up my mom and my sis who were arriving that night..
At the AirBus stop, we didn't have loose change and they don't give any change back.. so I ran around trying to get the change.. =|
picked them up.. was driven to the hotel and then had supper nearby.. the food was good.. the waiter wasn't.. still rude ppl these hongkies..
oh and Cindy left 2 hours before I arrived in Hongkong.. =)

hmm.. it's late.. and i just got back..
to be continued!
Say something! | 4 said *** *** Link *

User: dcsjin
Date: 2004-12-18 02:36 (UTC)
Subject: (no subject)
if i told you, it wouldn't be a secret now would it =P
Reply | Parent *** Thread *** Link *

Lean, mean, fighting machine
User: mishlean
Date: 2004-12-18 05:37 (UTC)
Subject: (no subject)
Hahah....you failed to mention that the border from Shenzen into HK is merely a bridge like thing! You make it sound as though you walked for miles!
Reply | Thread *** Link *

User: dcsjin
Date: 2004-12-20 02:55 (UTC)
Subject: (no subject)
pfft.. details.. details.. i claim artistic license!
Reply | Parent *** Thread *** Link *

my journal
May 2017